Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Lol, the latest Neutered User  (Read 5314 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lol, the latest Neutered User
« on: November 08, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »
Lol, this clown signed up so he could do "silent spamming", where he just adds his lousy little links to his signature but never posts anything:

http://botscout.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=122

Somehow his links got changed, and of course he also got added to the BotScout database.

As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
Re: Lol, the latest Neutered User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »
LOL!
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

i_like_1981

• I Like 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 11:46:59 AM »
Yeah, you get two kinds of spammers. The kind who strike instantly, put up the spam they have and get their accounts deleted, and the kind who actually pretend to be real new members at first but who you can tell are just spammers with relative ease. Their introductions tend to sound something like this:

"hello i am newbie her! my name is bobby and my favourite food is pizza! my favourite show is lost! i look forward to posting more on your site!"

I don't get why they do it. I know when somebody is a real person and that is when they talk about things relevant to the forum they are on. Besides, what on earth do they gain from posting irrelevant crap on the board and then doing nothing else? At least the bona-fide spammers actually fulfil their purpose. These idiots are just in for a joke and do it because they've probably got nothing else to do!

But seriously, on a website dedicated to tracking down spambots, I thought you'd be well defended against any threats from them? I've been here about ten minutes and I've already seen spam topics here and there! Stay sharp. Don't want to let your reputation down...

Best regards,
i_like_1981
i_like_1981 hates two things in life.

Modern music, and...

SPAM!

i_like_1981

• I Like 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
By the way, congratulations for your good selection of prefabricated avatars! You had the good taste of adding a Queen one to the list. I wanted to upload one of my own but there's no need to now I've got one of my favourite musicians as my avatar! I love Queen and their music. Just about anything old is good in my book. Nothing new though! Can't stand the "music" we get nowadays! Sorry to offend any fans of modern bands here but come on. The Jonas Brothers and all these crap Disney kids' songs represent a failing musical generation and I can't stand pop artists like Rihanna whose generic, repetitive lyrics seem to garner the manic applause of brainless young idiots who flock in their thousands to buy her records! Classic rock rules.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
i_like_1981 hates two things in life.

Modern music, and...

SPAM!