Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: News & Updates  (Read 19936 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
News & Updates
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
The BotBuster Generic code has been updated to version 1.20.

This version adds a function provided by MysteryCFM that uses the PHP "file_get_contents()" function if available in the version of PHP used.

If the function is not available then cURL is used.

Code: [Select]
if(function_exists('file_get_contents')){
// Use file_get_contents
$sURLTemp = file_get_contents($sURL);
}else{
// Use cURL (if available)
$curl = curl_init();
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $sURL);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
$sURLTemp = curl_exec($curl);
curl_close($curl);
}
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updated General Code: ver 1.40
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:50:36 AM »
Updates have been made to the General Use (Generic) BotBuster Code and it has been released as version 1.40. Changes include:

- several variables renamed to avoid collisions with existing variables in message boards

- default code now uses the 'MULTI' query for speed and efficiency.

- Email and IP are checked; if either matches then the code considers a bot to have been caught.

- general tightening and cleanup of miscellaneous lines of code
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
Re: News & Updates
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »
Nice one :) (and cheers hehe)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »
The "Last 100 Caught" list on the front page is now cached and rebuilt every  10 minutes to reduce server load and eliminate redundant queries. The "Last 200 Caught" list is still dynamically created and will always be current.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
The BotBuster Generic code has been updated to version 1.30.

- This version uses the 'MULTI' query for better scoring and more reliable bot detection.

- A few variables were renamed  to avoid clashes with existing variables in various message boards.

- This version also includes some minor code cleanups

tj.baker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
Hello,

Great work you are doing here!!!

One suggestion I might make is that a 'version number' be added to the code, as well as to the 'plugin' files ....

While I downloaded and installed the plugin for SMF, I don't use the SMF installer and instead do it manually .. when I open the BotScout.php file there is not a version number to check and see which version I'm running.

Just my tuppence ... forgive if I've missed something and the version number is sitting right under my nose... ;)

peace,

tj

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:39:40 PM »
Thank you!  I think the version is on the ZIP file, but if it's not in the package code we'll see what needs to be done to add it.

Hello,

Great work you are doing here!!!

One suggestion I might make is that a 'version number' be added to the code, as well as to the 'plugin' files ....

While I downloaded and installed the plugin for SMF, I don't use the SMF installer and instead do it manually .. when I open the BotScout.php file there is not a version number to check and see which version I'm running.

Just my tuppence ... forgive if I've missed something and the version number is sitting right under my nose... ;)

peace,

tj

tj.baker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »
I think the version is on the ZIP file, but if it's not in the package code we'll see what needs to be done to add it.

Yes indeed it is in the plugin zip name.  Needs adding to the BotScout.php file in the zip ... or actually, the most up to date version of BotScout.php needs adding to the plugin ;)

Keep up the great work.

peace,

tj

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 11:44:58 AM »
Well, the site traffic is certainly growing....
The plugins seem to be most popular with the phpBB and SMF message boards, judging by the URLs of the registered API keys.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
Nice one :)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net