Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Bug with MULTI query?  (Read 8385 times)

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
Bug with MULTI query?
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:57:57 AM »
Mike,
There appears to be a bug with the MULTI query. The following for example, appears to return true for the IP, even though an IP was not passed?

http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/check_spammers_plain.php?email=test@it-mate.co.uk&debug=1

I'm not sure which IP it's matching 14 times ????
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with MULTI query?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:54:38 PM »
Hmmm, I dunno...I'd have to see the full string you're sending to the API in order to determine what's going on.

Mike,
There appears to be a bug with the MULTI query. The following for example, appears to return true for the IP, even though an IP was not passed?

http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/check_spammers_plain.php?email=test@it-mate.co.uk&debug=1

I'm not sure which IP it's matching 14 times ????
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »
Here you go :)

Code: [Select]
SENT: http://botscout.com/test/?multi&key={MY_API_KEY}&mail=test@it-mate.co.uk&ip=&name=

RECEIVED: Y|MULTI|IP|14|MAIL|0|NAME|0

BotScout TRUE

If no IP/username etc is passed to the script, it doesn't send anything in those fields, to the BS API.
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
What is actually interesting, is that when I checked this from my development machine, it didn't produce these results - it correctly returned false? (I'm wondering if it's checking the servers IP when no IP is actually passed?)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
Hmmmm, I'll have to look into this.

You say it works correctly when testing from your development PC? What's the difference(s) between the dev PC and the one you're getting the odd results from?

What is actually interesting, is that when I checked this from my development machine, it didn't produce these results - it correctly returned false? (I'm wondering if it's checking the servers IP when no IP is actually passed?)
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »
Only difference is the OS and PHP versions. For example, both my development machine, and the following server, are running Windows (different versions, but still Windows) and PHP5;

http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/dl/Tools/Spambot_Search_Tool/simple/check_spammers_plain.php?email=test@it-mate.co.uk

They both correctly return False.

The TIC server (the one with the issue) runs both PHP4 and 5 (not my choice and sadly, the hosting company won't remove 4), so has to be forced to use 5 by the .htaccess, and runs on Linux.

I don't have another Linux system at present, to verify which is at fault :(
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 04:41:59 PM »
Okay, this is fixed (I believe). There was some bad data in the bot list table left over from some beta testing and I think that's what it was matching on. There were 14 rows, and they've been removed.

Let me know if you're still seeing any anomalous behavior.

Only difference is the OS and PHP versions. For example, both my development machine, and the following server, are running Windows (different versions, but still Windows) and PHP5;

http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/dl/Tools/Spambot_Search_Tool/simple/check_spammers_plain.php?email=test@it-mate.co.uk

They both correctly return False.

The TIC server (the one with the issue) runs both PHP4 and 5 (not my choice and sadly, the hosting company won't remove 4), so has to be forced to use 5 by the .htaccess, and runs on Linux.

I don't have another Linux system at present, to verify which is at fault :(

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »
Nice one :) ...... I've checked the results and the problem is gone :)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »
Nice one :) ...... I've checked the results and the problem is gone :)

Ahhh, excellent.