Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Joomla plugin code now available  (Read 6250 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Joomla plugin code now available
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:59:21 AM »
Thanks to purplepomegranite, a plugin for Joomla is now available here: Joomla Plugin for BotScout
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Joomla plugin code now available
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »
Thanks to purplepomegranite, a plugin for Joomla is now available here: Joomla Plugin for BotScout

Thank you, purplepomegranite!
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

purplepomegranite

• View Profile
    • CEDIT
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »
Just to let you know, the full Joomla plugin is now available - which gives many options for validating registrations, including of course Botscout.

Thanks for providing the bot database  :)

topcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 01:08:39 AM »
Thanks purplepomegranite.  It's a great plugin.  It did not affect performance and I have went without alphabet registration for about 8 hrs now.  I hope you have that plugin listed on the joomla JED cause it has been a long time in coming.

Just a note.  Mollom, Moovur or whatever has a reportedly similar product (using a different database, of course).  Their site is not working correctly.  Cedit downloaded simply and installed even simpler.  Get it on the JED so i can enter a review.

purplepomegranite

• View Profile
    • CEDIT
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:27 AM »
I'm glad it's working for you  :)

Since writing and releasing the update, I have removed all captcha from my own site and am just relying on Botscout and Undisposable to filter out unwanted registrations.  I am pleased to say that I have still yet to have a Bot/spam registration for more than a week, which is great - I hate captcha anyway.

My plugins are already listed on JED, with Registration Validator being here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-&-security/authentication/7319/details

purplepomegranite

• View Profile
    • CEDIT
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:13:58 AM »
Just to let you know, my Joomla plugin that incorporates Botscout check is now up to v1.1.7.  It incorporates a few updates, most notably working with several more Joomla modules (and more will be added on request!).  Also incorporates basic anti-spam for contact forms (rejects URLs).  Of course, the Botscout check is still there, though no updates for that one (it just works!  ;D).