Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Gawab and Yandex  (Read 5239 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Gawab and Yandex
« on: September 12, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »
Q: Has there EVER been a legit user from gawab.com or yandex.ru in the history of the universe?

A: Not to my knowledge.

Basically, anytime I see a gawab or yandex email, I flunk it. I've never seen one that wasn't a bot or a spammer, and I probably never will even if I live to be 500 years old. I'm sure my grandchildren will be adding gawab and yandex emails to the bot list.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
Re: Gawab and Yandex
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »
I've not once seen a legit user using their services.
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »
They should just change their domain names to 'we-be-spammers.com'.

By the way, in case nobody noticed, our dearly beloved BotScout.com was down for ~15 hours. The ISP physically moved the servers to a new facility, and our server was apparently left behind, laying around on the floor somewhere like a friggin' doorstop.

After a few rather testy calls to the ISP, they said (essentially) "Doh, oh yeah, whoops" and went back to the old facility to pick it up, bring it to the new data center and plug it back in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:16:53 PM by Mike »
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »
Bleedin figures :(

Been having downtime issues with the sites I've got on a friends server too (his server doesn't seem to be able to handle the load, so on the lookout for a new Windows server (can't do it on my network atm as there's already far too much traffic, so the network is alot slower than it should be)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Mur

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »
Q: Has there EVER been a legit user from gawab.com or yandex.ru in the history of the universe?

A: Not to my knowledge.

That's funny you should mention Yandex.ru.
I've been discussing this Search site with another bot tracker and they seem to like it while I just keep adding network blocks to my ban ip list.
Today's entry:
inetnum:        77.88.22.0  - 77.88.23.255
netname:        YANDEX-22-0
descr:          Yandex enterprise network

They seem to have added a new range this past week, but I could be wrong and just slow to update the bans.