Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: About block ip  (Read 7644 times)

shaunwang

• View Profile
About block ip
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »
Hi there,

I currently have many problems firstly I was just trying to sign up

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/ucp.php?mode=register

Then I was unsuccessful... trying to add bug to report about their Orca Browser which I currently using... and other services...

On the 22 Feb 2009...

now on 23 Feb 2009 I trying to sign up again...

first thing... my email rxs2k5@gmail.com and shaunwang@gmail.com... and frozenmirage@x10email.com are all mine... If a spammer use my email... then I got alot of spam too...

Second thing can you please define a much better api this is because... if a webmaster having ur FSpamlist.api, there is many many people out there who needs this browser support or other supports which may be disable by it...

218.186.12.223 this is my dynamic....
StarHub Cable Vision Ltd they are using shared IP proxy for every users... therefore it is very hard for you guys to keep blocking this IP because in singapore you cannot define IP of the spammer....

Its really very sad to see my email and my connection which... will changed everyday because I do not own those IP no static is dynamic...

Lastly... I really hope that all StarHub Cable Vision Ltd IP issues you guess can settle it... this is because... I am not a spammer and its not fair to have same treatment.

Hope you guys can understand... I know you guys are trying to keep spammer or bots off... but consider what if users have dynamic IP plus shared !

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: About block ip
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:28:42 AM »
Second thing can you please define a much better api this is because... if a webmaster having ur FSpamlist.api, there is many many people out there who needs this browser support or other supports which may be disable by it...
Okay, first of all, this isn't FSpamlist, that's another site entirely. You'll have to talk with them about their API.

If you're referring to our API, then no, we can't define a much better one- the one we have does what it's supposed to and probably won't be changed anytime soon.

Lastly... I really hope that all StarHub Cable Vision Ltd IP issues you guess can settle it... this is because... I am not a spammer and its not fair to have same treatment.

This is an issue that you'll need to take up with StarHub Cable Vision Ltd; we don't have any connection to them.

my email rxs2k5@gmail.com and shaunwang@gmail.com... and frozenmirage@x10email.com are all mine... If a spammer use my email... then I got alot of spam too...
To be honest, I'm not sure how a spammer would be able to use an address they don't own...if your IP and several of your email addresses have ended up in blocklists, it's normally because they were being used to fill in forms on our honeypots.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

shaunwang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:40:12 AM »
Oh man... this is so troublesome...

Haiz...

Our ISP is not as friendly as other countries ones... its either you have it or not it does not matters to them... So even I called them thousand times... they will hide the truth...about their network... is shared dynamic... they never want to tell user about it...

Another thing... is MysteryFCM <-- is he not the admin of FSpamlist...

I cannot even register a forum account there because all my emails been so called spammer list...

I apologized for saying about api, I really know nothing about it. Just pretty sad.

I though maybe you could help out... I really wished to signup the forum at avant browser.... they dun even publish an email contact.... all forum based.... so difficult to sign up also... because... once ur IP is blacklisted , or ur email is being blacklist... no way of getting support...

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:03:54 AM »
I don't know exactly what his relationship to FSpamlist is.

I though maybe you could help out... I really wished to signup the forum at avant browser.... they dun even publish an email contact.... all forum based.... so difficult to sign up also... because... once ur IP is blacklisted , or ur email is being blacklist... no way of getting support...
I'll remove your listings from the database for the moment. If they reappear, that may be a problem.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

shaunwang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:18:33 AM »
but I already attempt once yesterday....

and another time today at

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/ucp.php?mode=register

both cannot and it appear your ur main page.... and also FSpamlist...

Sad.... but thanks for removing though I know some stupid people of my country think about botting... They affect people like me who do beta testing and submitting bug...

But thanks again I solved the issues... my cousin is using another ISP

our country have two ISP

1 using shared dynamic ip proxy Starhub
2nd one is using s static ip SingTel

Thanks for your time... though... weird api hopefully you can help MysteryFCM cover on dynamic shared IPs our country is one special one...

Its true here... our IP on my computer I currently using can be used by 50 other users which I do not even know them at all

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »

I'm not the admin of fSpamlist, no. I just host it. However, I am an administrator on the Avant Browser forums, and when a registration is blocked, a link should be present to contact either myself or the other admin.

I released a bug fix to the spam filter today, which should prevent this happening again, and in the meantime, will remove your e-mail(s)/IP and username from the database :)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:12:47 AM »
The @x10email.com address you referenced, wasn't listed in fSpamlist, nor is the username "shaunwang". The IP + 2 other emails have now been removed.
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

shaunwang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 12:11:02 AM »
thanks... for the removal.

First time having all these problem for a forum..

I registered a new account in avant forum as shaunwang finally with my own name.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:41:23 AM »
No problem :)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts