Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Set up help needed. Not blocking known spammers. Here's my code.  (Read 1154 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Set up help needed. Not blocking known spammers. Here's my code.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »
I think your server must not actually be sending the query to us....the "Error: No return data from API query" tells me the query is probably not making it to our server or you'd be getting something back.

There's a section in the BotScout.php file like this:

Code: [Select]
if(function_exists('file_get_contents')){
// Use file_get_contents
$returned_data = file_get_contents($apiquery);
}else{
$ch = curl_init($apiquery);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$returned_data = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
}

This bit determines whether the query is sent via file_get_contents() or via curl. It may be that your PHP config has a restriction on file_get_contents() or curl.

You could mod the code to force one or the other, but you might also want to look at the php.ini file or the output of phpinfo() to see if there are any restrictions imposed on either of those two functions.

As near as I can tell you're doing everything right at this point- the user email and IP are being put into the query correctly (not sure where the user name went, but that's not important at this point).

Can you check with your ISP and see if they can tell whether or not there are any restrictions on file_get_contents() or curl?

How do I use the "standard query" not XML?

I did everything but that step and submitted and got this:

Code: [Select]
FORM VAUES: UserID:
UserLevel:
UserName: krasnhello
UserEmail: krasnhello@mail.ru
Test String: http://botscout.com/test/?multi&mail=krasnhello%40mail.ru&ip=71.204.83.202&key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
RETURNED DATA:
Error: No return data from API query.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.