Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Estimating - Knowing how many daily attempts have occurred  (Read 4683 times)

deathwielder

• View Profile
Estimating - Knowing how many daily attempts have occurred
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
OK - have DL'd and installed the module for SMF 1.1.16.  It "seems" to be working as my forum registration notifications from bots have dropped dramatically - THANK YOU.

Just one question - because of the sheer volume that had been registering (25+ every hour) how do I know the daily count of attempted registrations?  Can't see any chamges or notification indicators on the Admin side of SMF.

This truly seems to have stopped the bots and I would not mind getting an API Key but am uncomfortable not having a "gauge" to determine what the daily attempts / lookups are so I acquire the correct size of key.

DW

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Estimating - Knowing how many daily attempts have occurred
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
OK - have DL'd and installed the module for SMF 1.1.16.  It "seems" to be working as my forum registration notifications from bots have dropped dramatically - THANK YOU.

Glad it seems to be working for you. :)

Just one question - because of the sheer volume that had been registering (25+ every hour) how do I know the daily count of attempted registrations?  Can't see any chamges or notification indicators on the Admin side of SMF.

This truly seems to have stopped the bots and I would not mind getting an API Key but am uncomfortable not having a "gauge" to determine what the daily attempts / lookups are so I acquire the correct size of key.

DW

1) You could install some simple code to log attempts or send an email for each failed attempt.

2) API keys are free.

3) There's only one "size" of key, apart from corporate or "sponsor" users.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.