Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: SMF Banning and BotScout  (Read 3905 times)

blainec

• View Profile
SMF Banning and BotScout
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »
I was thinking that adding the bots stopped by botscout to a banned list to stop them from even trying to login
Does anyone know how I can do this via some code

I am not that good with PHP. I just started trying to learn it on my own, and due to time restraints from the family, I don't have a lot of free to to devote to learning it well.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SMF Banning and BotScout
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »
One way to do it would be to add some code to the BotScout return function to allow SMF to auto-ban the users that are found to be bots. Essentially you'd replicate the code that runs when a user is banned. You could probably get a good start by using the code that's included in the "Quick Ban On Delete" mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2427

I was thinking that adding the bots stopped by botscout to a banned list to stop them from even trying to login
Does anyone know how I can do this via some code

I am not that good with PHP. I just started trying to learn it on my own, and due to time restraints from the family, I don't have a lot of free to to devote to learning it well.

Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.