Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: New Feature for bot submitters  (Read 8739 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Feature for bot submitters
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »
For those who routinely submit bot records, you are now able to browse and remove records in case a record is mistakenly submitted.

To access this feature just login to your API Control panel account and mouseover the "Account" tab at the top of the page (between "Links" and "Contact"). Click on the "Pending Records" menu item and you'll be taken to the page showing all of your pending records.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Gunner

• View Profile
Re: New Feature for bot submitters
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
Beautiful!  Makes it easier to do my tests to see if they were submitted correctly and then I can remove em!  Thanks!

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »
At the moment it's just a one-at-a-time removal, but we'll see about allowing mass deletions.

Beautiful!  Makes it easier to do my tests to see if they were submitted correctly and then I can remove em!  Thanks!
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Wizzle

• View Profile
    • The Bloody Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:05:08 PM »
Normally, a mass deletion option wouldn't be necessary, but using fslc..... ah yeah, that might be nice a nice option to have. LOL!

Being able to see the pending... is soooo freaking nice!! Submit..pause, check.. yep okay, resume blasting! hehehe!

Gunner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »
That is nice... submit, pause submit, check records, resume submit...  ;D

Looks like the BotScout Batch submit is good (Now there is even more fun bustin those bots!)....  should release it in a day or two....

Wizzle

• View Profile
    • The Bloody Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
Got a question,
Some of the spammers that hit my traps are using Polish, Italian etc. which is stored in the database, and looks like so when submitted here...
Code: [Select]
דיו Stobb43244@yahoo.com 173.234.116.27

I've been (trying) to remove them before batch submitting. Should I keep on removing them or is it okay to submit em?

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
You can submit them. We try to do some conversion on the back end for searches- it's not 100% effective but it's pretty good. The IP and email are by far the two best indicators, the name portion of the record is a distant 3rd.

Got a question,
Some of the spammers that hit my traps are using Polish, Italian etc. which is stored in the database, and looks like so when submitted here...
Code: [Select]
דיו Stobb43244@yahoo.com 173.234.116.27

I've been (trying) to remove them before batch submitting. Should I keep on removing them or is it okay to submit em?

Wizzle

• View Profile
    • The Bloody Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
Kool! Just didn't want to throw a monkey wrench into the works. Oh, the "remove" function works juuust fine.
I usually tell folks not to the check the username, as it often returns false positives.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 05:54:23 AM »
Just an FYI, depending on how you're submitting it, if you convert the name to UTF8 prior to submission, it should go through without issue :)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net