Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Yay for backups :)  (Read 5662 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yay for backups :)
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »
On or about Feb 2 or 3 the BotScout server hard drive failed and everything stored on the drive was lost. The system was restored from the nightly backups of Feb 3 2011. .

During the rebuild a couple of days of bot collection signatures were lost, but everything else was restored successfully. During the recovery process bot screening services were unavailable but everything should be back to normal now.

If you find something that's missing or not working, please let us know in this thread.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Gunner

• View Profile
Re: Yay for backups :)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »
Aren't ya glad you nightly backups?!  Many posts visited the bitbucket I see.  Glad we are back up though!

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Yay for backups :)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »
Aren't ya glad you nightly backups?!  Many posts visited the bitbucket I see.  Glad we are back up though!

Yep, some posts were lost. We're having the drive shipped to us to see if we can try some extended work on it to get back some other data that wasn't initially recoverable.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.