Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: i_like_1981's intro.  (Read 2914 times)

i_like_1981

• I Like 1981.
    • View Profile
i_like_1981's intro.
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:36:40 AM »
Hello there.

May I say how good it is to see other people on the internet who hate the spambots who come and mess up our forums, email inboxes and various accounts with their crap we really couldn't care less about. This is a problem we must take seriously as spam has always been a real nuisance to regular computer users like myself.

With them around, the internet loses some of its element of fun. People feel pestered, interesting threads in forums are drowned under a barrage of spam topics and it's a pain to check your email inbox and always see loads of rubbishy ads and foreign scammers offering exorbitant sums of money thinking you're foolish enough to take them up on their offer. It has to be stopped before the spam cult starts to gain more followers and eventually becomes unstoppable.

I see this ain't a high-profile board so I won't be back here too much as there's not a lot I can contribute. But I am glad you are taking the spam problem seriously and keeping a database of known bots (some of whose usernames I recognise) which will make it easier for forums to ban these notorious offenders and allow their members to enjoy good discussions and a tidy board appearance without having to constantly return to spam topic after spam topic after spam topic.

I bid you all a good day and good luck in your spam-fighting endeavours.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
i_like_1981 hates two things in life.

Modern music, and...

SPAM!

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: i_like_1981's intro.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
Glad to have you here, i_like_1981.

Yes, it's an on-going battle. Putting a stick in their spokes, so to speak, is a lot of fun and will hopefully help the legit people who just want to run a forum. :)

Hello there.

May I say how good it is to see other people on the internet who hate the spambots who come and mess up our forums, email inboxes and various accounts with their crap we really couldn't care less about. This is a problem we must take seriously as spam has always been a real nuisance to regular computer users like myself.

With them around, the internet loses some of its element of fun. People feel pestered, interesting threads in forums are drowned under a barrage of spam topics and it's a pain to check your email inbox and always see loads of rubbishy ads and foreign scammers offering exorbitant sums of money thinking you're foolish enough to take them up on their offer. It has to be stopped before the spam cult starts to gain more followers and eventually becomes unstoppable.

I see this ain't a high-profile board so I won't be back here too much as there's not a lot I can contribute. But I am glad you are taking the spam problem seriously and keeping a database of known bots (some of whose usernames I recognise) which will make it easier for forums to ban these notorious offenders and allow their members to enjoy good discussions and a tidy board appearance without having to constantly return to spam topic after spam topic after spam topic.

I bid you all a good day and good luck in your spam-fighting endeavours.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.