Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Please remove my listing.  (Read 15119 times)

Nathan

• View Profile
Please remove my listing.
« on: December 08, 2009, 01:44:23 AM »
Hello,

Somehow you guys added my listing to your database.

1. I do not know how it go there.
2. I do not give permission for my public information to be posted on a site such as my IP, my email address and my name.
3. I don't spam.
4. There's absoloutely no malicious content on my PC, and I will not tolerate anyone saying I do, as I assure you I don't.

Please remove it ASAP.

Thanks.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Please remove my listing.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:14:50 AM »
1. I do not know how it go there.
2. I do not give permission for my public information to be posted on a site such as my IP, my email address and my name.
3. I don't spam.
4. There's absoloutely no malicious content on my PC, and I will not tolerate anyone saying I do, as I assure you I don't.

1) It got here because the email address and IP were caught in a bot honeypot.
2) We don't need your permission to list an IP and/or an email address.
3) You may not be spamming, but your PC may be spamming due to an virus infection.
4) Please check your PC again; you'll probably find that it is in fact hosting a virus of some sort. Once you've done that, please contact us again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:24:45 AM by Mike »
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:26:29 AM »
Ive already scanned my computer like 4 times prior to posting this topic.

I also do weekly scans for secruity threats, viruses, worms, Trojans, spy ware the whole lot.

Please remove it, cheers.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:07:02 AM »
Ive already scanned my computer like 4 times prior to posting this topic.
I also do weekly scans for secruity threats, viruses, worms, Trojans, spy ware the whole lot.
Please remove it, cheers.
Post the email address here. We'll remove it, but if it gets caught again it'll be added back in automatically.
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

Nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »
natehere@live.com.

If it gets caught again, I would like proof and then ill see what I will be doing from then on in.

Cheers mate.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 05:29:15 AM »
If it gets caught again, I would like proof and then ill see what I will be doing from then on in.

1) The address has been removed.

2) The proof would be that the email or IP would reappear in the database.

MysteryFCM

• View Profile
    • I.T. Mate
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »
Nathans connection to globalearntalk.com is enough for him to be blacklisted as far as I'm concerned (gonna fire you a PM with details in a second ;))
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 09:22:31 AM »
Lol, looks like Nate himself beat you to the punch- he managed to blunder into not just one, but two of the honeypots that we run....so he's back in the database, this time for good.

Nathans connection to globalearntalk.com is enough for him to be blacklisted as far as I'm concerned (gonna fire you a PM with details in a second ;))

Nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 04:40:40 AM »

I sometimes visit there, but not much anymore.

Lol, looks like Nate himself beat you to the punch- he managed to blunder into not just one, but two of the honeypots that we run....so he's back in the database, this time for good.

So being on boards which are associated with "spam" would get us blacklisted? Your site doesn't work very well now does it..

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 05:19:53 AM »
So being on boards which are associated with "spam" would get us blacklisted? Your site doesn't work very well now does it..

No, it's got nothing to do with how the site works. Your email or IP get registered when they're used to fill out one or more of our honeypot forms in our network. You can't get added to the database by accident, and you can't be added maliciously. It's almost always malware on your PC, acting as a part of a botnet. Or, in rare cases, someone actually spamming with their own email address.

Nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 08:24:29 AM »
Respond to my PM please, Mike.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:10 AM »
Respond to my PM please, Mike.

Here you go:

Quote from: Nathan
If someone is spamming forums/sites and using my email I would like to know about it, as I use it for personal reasons and cannot have it associated with my details, so if anyone is doing so I would like to know so I can see about taking a step further.

Anyone can use you email address as a return or "From:" address, and unfortunately there isn't any way to stop them. It's called a "Joe Job", and spammers do it all the time. They do it using our email addresses from time to time.

However, it's much, much harder to "spoof" or fake an IP Address. In general, they're a very reliable indicator of activity. You may think your PC is uninfected, but these days with the root kits that are available, it's really not possible to know for certain.

We removed your record from the database, and within a day or so it was captured again. That's a pretty good sign that something is going on, like it or not.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:07:40 PM by Mike »

Nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »
But you won't show proof right? So who's to say your system isn't dodgy and you just blame it on "root kits" who magically spams forums when there's nothing on our computers ::)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 01:07:03 PM »
But you won't show proof right? So who's to say your system isn't dodgy

Right...we just randomly picked your email and the matching IP address out of a hat and added it to the database.

just blame it on "root kits" who magically spams forums when there's nothing on our computers ::)

If I had a dollar for every person who was positive that their PC wasn't infected and then later realized that it was, I'd be a millionaire.

Nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »
Yep well lucky mine isn't.

Anyways enjoy your little system right here, it's obvious im not a spam bot, yet im still in your system, so your system sucks arse.

Pathetic.