Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... rss

Author Topic: Tags returned in Botscout Query?  (Read 4401 times)

purplepomegranite

• View Profile
    • CEDIT
Tags returned in Botscout Query?
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »
I've just noticed that there is a load of whitespace and then a couple of spurious tags returned in the standard Botscout API query (e.g. http://botscout.com/test/?multi&mail=email@email.com&ip=1.2.3.4&key=mykey).

There's a <pre> and a <br /> at the end of the response.  Is there a reason for this?  Could they go away?  :)  Just trying to tidy my log files - I can write some code to strip it, but thought I'd ask here first as the tags seem out of place anyway?  The tags and the whitespace increase the response length by several multiples - again not an issue, but as queries increase you'd notice a huge bandwidth saving by just returning the result.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tags returned in Botscout Query?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:20:37 PM »
Actually, the reason for the extra characters is to make Internet Explorer work correctly, as it often buffers data until 256 chars are sent to the screen. Since a lot of the evaluation is not done in code, we'll look at removing this and see if it causes any issues.

I've just noticed that there is a load of whitespace and then a couple of spurious tags returned in the standard Botscout API query (e.g. http://botscout.com/test/?multi&mail=email@email.com&ip=1.2.3.4&key=mykey).

There's a <pre> and a <br /> at the end of the response.  Is there a reason for this?  Could they go away?  :)  Just trying to tidy my log files - I can write some code to strip it, but thought I'd ask here first as the tags seem out of place anyway?  The tags and the whitespace increase the response length by several multiples - again not an issue, but as queries increase you'd notice a huge bandwidth saving by just returning the result.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:25:53 PM by Mike »
Please don't PM me for assistance- post your questions in the forum where others can see them.

purplepomegranite

• View Profile
    • CEDIT
Re: Tags returned in Botscout Query?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 05:44:49 AM »
Maybe one solution would be to have a slightly different link for evaluation (e.g. instead of multi, use multitest) - this way any evaluations would work correctly in flawed browsers ( ;)) and standard query responses would be nice and small.  :)